Saturday, August 9, 2008

780 square feet of bliss

I owned a 780 square foot, one bedroom condo in South Pasadena. It was way too small for me and my growing obsession with painting and the walls were paper thin. I sold the condo and moved to Tujunga. South Pasadena is an idyllic town, full of coffee houses and beautiful tree lined streets. I have to stop myself from mooning over it every single day. It seems that my heart still lives there. Sometimes I think I moved to Tujunga in a manic frenzy- without thinking about what I was leaving behind. The rush of moving was all engrossing. It wasn't until after the moving van pulled away and all was quiet that I'd realized what I'd done. I stood in my living room that first Saturday in horror as the neighbor across the street started his mini street racing motorcycle and began doing donuts.

1 comment:

McBean said...

Haaaaaaaaaaaa, ah man.

"Shane,Jeremy, use ur balance!"